Monday, August 20, 2007

WOTD

Thanks to the anonymous commenter who under the posting A Cloud of Dust made my day by using the word:

Verb1.besmirch - charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
accuse, charge - blame for, make a claim of wrongdoing or misbehavior against; "he charged the director with indifference"
assassinate - destroy or damage seriously, as of someone's reputation; "He assassinated his enemy's character"
libel - print slanderous statements against; "The newspaper was accused of libeling him"
badmouth, drag through the mud, malign, traduce - speak unfavorably about; "She badmouths her husband everywhere"

2.besmirch - smear so as to make dirty or stained
smear - stain by smearing or daubing with a dirty substance


I promise to take the word to heart, if you will too. Should I forget, as will happen, besmirch me.

No comments: