Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Can we give up politics for Lent?

Illustration by Mark Alan Stamaty at slate.com

I stopped by the PRPL after lunch to make a donation of the old 56572 promo video I put up on YouTube (look down a few posts) and I found the 56572 DFL whip there using a computer. I asked him if he thought the two PRPL meeting rooms, which hold 92 people combined, was big enough for tonight's caucus and what Plan B was. He looked at me in disbelief and asked if I had ever been to a 56572 DFL caucus. "Last time we had 38 people." Just then a lady came up to us looking rather stressed. "Where are the polls? Where can I vote for a Democrat?" She thought the polls opened at 1:00 p.m. and was in a hurry to get to Fargo. "You need to come back tonight between 7:00-9:00 p.m. We open at 6:30." It might not be a bad idea to arrive then if you want a place to sit. Makes you wonder if in four years we might not have an online caucus or even better a primary?

No comments: