Thursday, February 23, 2006

¡Ask a Mexican!

Buenos noches Gabachos y Gabachas.

56572 is sin duda the Latino Capitol of Otter Tail County.
My guess is that twenty-five per cent of our neighbors speak Spanish at the supper table.
Las Monarcas Mexican Market is about to open both puertas azules of their tiendicita one door north of Historic City Hall and two doors south of the only Bandera Mexicana in the County.

We live as neighbors, but do we talk?
They don't come to watch our Vikings and we don't go to watch their Tigres.

Care to learn more about the culture of your neighbors?
Don't speak Spanish or too afraid to ask a pregunta?

Gustavo Arellano anwers any questions about Mexican culture in The Orange County Weekly.
No holds barred.
I read a few columns and learned a lot.
I've never been to Mexico so I have a lot to learn.
This is a start.

I hope my Danish friends are reading this.
Poul Anker, will you please start a "Ask a Dane!" column.
In Jyllands Posten??
English and Arabic both please.

Yusuf, habib, it's time you started an "Ask a Somali!" article in the Pelican Press.

No comments: