Tuesday, December 14, 2004

tale of the tiger (2)

Carol Ricker letter: No one responded to animals' plight
The Forum - 12/14/2004
I was so ecstatic to read the letter written by two Moorhead men concerning Dr. Roy Cordy. There are people who care.

My husband and I would see these poor, uncared-for animals at least three or four times weekly enroute to Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. It was absolutely heartbreaking. The camel's ribs were jutting out from their bodies. One was leaning on a building, seemingly too weak to stand. Exotic birds struggled in grass (or weeds) over their heads, unable to see out of their quarters. On humid days and nights, the mosquitos and bugs made life utterly miserable for the YOR Exotics residents.

I could go on and on. In an article in The Forum, Dr. Cordy was quoted as saying, "Why didn't people call me?" Hello. I dialed the number on the sign of YOR Exotics on numerous occations. Never was there an answer, nor was there any assistance from an operator. Always the same report, the number is disconnected, etc.

I know of persons who called the Ottertail sheriff to report the neglect they witnessed in the caring of the animals. They were berated and questioned as if they were the guilty persons. I called the Humane Society in August of 2004. They reported to me the fact that they had received many calls concerning YOR Exotics. Really.

Why was there no action taken by either the law-enforcement agency or the Humane Society? Yes, the main culprit in all of this is Dr. Cordy, but there is blame in other areas. The animals could have been saved.

Dr. Cordy's punishment is way too lenient. However, there will be justice. Those animals were God's creatures.

No comments: