Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sad state of affairs

A 56572 reader wrote this morning to say he/she thought 56572 coverage of the state-bound PRHS Boys Basketball Team had been even worse that of The Forum. Good point. I never made it to a single game this winter, despite Taylor Huseby cutting his basketball teeth in my driveway. I did appreciate those local merchants who paid for the radio coverage by KJJK-FM. I apologize for not including more sports items on these pages. I'll leave that to the local newspaper. I'm no Craig Olson, that's for sure. When you get as old as I am, your interest in sports might wane as well.

I think it was the last time a PRHS basketball team made it to State they had to play the first game at Concordia, which everybody thought was a bummer. This week all three games will be in Minneapolis. This week's Lenten soup and sandwich message will have to be "to go." Nobody but the Minnesota State High School League would dare mess with Wednesday nights. MSHSL dares mess with Lent.

We play at 600 pm Wednesday night in the Target Center. Lose against Benson and we go home. Win and we get to play again, same time, same place on Friday night, against the Number 1 and defending Class AA Champion Braham (should they get by New London-Spicer).

Remember those four day weekends in the Cities? Remember the Good Old Days of No School on Thursday and Friday. Remember David against Goliath. Remember when a basket was two points no matter how far out you were? Remember four quarters?

Looking for logic? Check the archives.

No comments: